Document editingThe reference as soon as you start writting scientific papaers. It can be found a bit everywhere but the official site is here.
Beamer is an extension that makes it possible to create a whole set of slides. It's very easy to change the slides's template and their themes, and everything will be rendered with the perfect quality known to LaTeX, just great !
All themes and extensions presented here are available for download at the following address.
These themes are available here.
- ClassyCharcoal : a dark but classy theme ! Uses a background image available here.
- LigneClaire : a light a sober theme. Uses a background image available here.
- DemoSplitBarBKG : quite an uninteresting theme that is just a demo for splitbarsbackground (see below)
"Outer" structure and color themes
These themes are available here et there.
- splitbarsbackground : An "outer theme" that makes it possible to include a background image and to have information displayed in two separated areas of the slide's footer. See DemoSplitBarBKG (above) for an example.
- pagenumberandbackground : An "outer theme" that will only display a page number in one of the slide's corners as well as a background image. Used in LigneClaire, ClassyCharcoal and Maizières themes.
- blackbird : a dark color theme: orange on black. Used in ClassyCharcoal theme.
- barnowl : a light color theme: dark orange on white with alerts displayed in violet (( and yes I known owls very rarely wear violet feathers... )). Used in Maizieres and LigneClaire themes.
Extensions and other resources
- beamercarvedboxes : defines a new type of boxes with an "embossed" effect
- Someone wrote there, an interesting extension "handoutWithNotes" that makes it possible to display slides on a single column while having empty lines on the left in order to have some room to take notes for instance. Very useful indeed.